LedZeppelin.Ru

Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Расширенный поиск  

Новости:

collapse

Автор Тема: Multiple Led Zeppelin box sets to arrive in 2014  (Прочитано 208057 раз)

горRчий эстонский парень

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
  • Зарегистр.: июля 2003
Re: Multiple Led Zeppelin box sets to arrive in 2014
« Ответ #195 : 09 Июнь 2014, 03:28:46 »

Портной
©    писать о муЗыке - это всё равно, что танцевать об архитектуре

Mad

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #196 : 09 Июнь 2014, 07:17:51 »

Pilot
Невнятно потому, что реализацию суперобещаний я не заметил. Да я, честно говоря, о супер обещаниях и не слышал. Слышал о перемикшировании, но этого, я думаю совсем не было. Насколько мне позволяют мои очень поверхностные знания о вопросе, думаю, что ремастерингом эту работу тоже назвать нельзя. Немного изменили звук, стал мягче и шире. Лучше это или нет я определять не собираюсь, это дело вкуса. Пэйдж подписался под этим проектом, значит он решил, что звук должен быть таким. Коллекционная сторона сегодняшних событий меня совершенно не интересует. Неделю назад я уже писал, что мне нравятся и старые издания, но разница невелика. Безусловное преимущество нового издания - оформление, как раз то, что мне определённо нравится. Думаю, что главная идея последнего релиза - опубликовать неизданный материал и улучшить оформление. В общем и целом я доволен, а то к чему я могу придраться, я оставлю при себе, потому, что недовольство мелкими недостатками решаются приобретением подходящего варианта издания.
« Последнее редактирование: 09 Июнь 2014, 07:20:26 от Mad »
Change is good (Shrek)

Pilot

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
  • Блистоний, Всадник и Оптимат
« Ответ #197 : 09 Июнь 2014, 09:14:53 »

Mad, спасибо.
Похоже, можно не беспокоиться о приобретении. Ибо "Коллекционная сторона сегодняшних событий" меня тоже не интересует, а надежды на новый современный звук оказались напрасны.
При написании этого сообщения ни одного кролика не пострадало.

Zand

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
  • I'll see you on the dark side of the moon...
« Ответ #198 : 09 Июнь 2014, 10:07:25 »

Аналогично. Издание 1993 года полностью удовлетворяет в плане звука.
Честно говоря,лучше бы Джимми начал уже,наконец,работать над НОВЫМ материалом.

Mad

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #199 : 10 Июнь 2014, 07:22:23 »

The Song Does NOT Remain the Same: Jimmy Page on Remastering the Entire Led Zeppelin Studio Catalog

“The best way to listen to Led Zeppelin is off of the analog tapes, but unfortunately, I can’t invite you around to listen to them.” That’s Jimmy Page, answering my question about whether vinyl was still the best way to experience the mighty Zeppelin’s music at the press conference that followed the Led Zeppelin Deluxe Editions Listening Event Page hosted at the Crosby Street Hotel Screening Room in New York on May 13. Page also confirmed that he’s done “really, really high-resolution files for whatever system comes next” and that 96kHz/24-bit files will be accessible via download cards in each of the Deluxe Edition box sets of the first three Led Zeppelin studio albums being released by Atlantic/Swan Song on June 3. Event moderator Robin Hurley further confirmed that all of the Zeppelin studio tracks from those three album packages coming to HDtracks.com will be 96/24. (Live tracks will be at 48/24.)

In the Screening Room, I hunkered down in the sweet spot in Row 7 — dead center, in Seat 6 (of 12) — and enjoyed 36 minutes/eight tracks of previously unheard, unreleased, and mostly unbootlegged Zep material. From the Companion Audio Disc for Led Zeppelin I came two live songs from a French radio broadcast, recorded at the Olympia in Paris on October 10, 1969: “Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown” and part of “You Shook Me,” which was faded after Robert Plant began his harmonica solo in order to, according to Page, “allow time [for us] to play everything else!”

The next two songs came from the Companion Audio Disc for Led Zeppelin II. “Heartbreaker” sported a twist on Page’s breakneck solo, while an early take on “Whole Lotta Love” had slightly different lyrics and guitar-line choices, plus that infamous percussive middle section boasted alternate fills from powerhouse drummer John Bonham and alternate, swirling placements of the squalls and caterwauls of Page’s theremin solo.

The last four alternate takes — clearly Page’s favorites, which he chose specifically for this session — came from the Companion Audio Disc for Led Zeppelin III. “Gallows Pole” had Plant’s vocals in the left channel and Page working differing acoustic and banjo rhythms in the right. An earlier live-off-the-floor take of “Since I’ve Been Loving You” showcased a “hard” intensity, more than the “cooler” final take (to use Page’s descriptors). You can clearly hear Page’s “one, two, three, four” count-in on “Immigrant Song,” and his more shimmery/delay-driven guitar lead. But the true gem had to be “Keys to the Highway/Trouble in Mind,” with Page going acoustic in the left channel and Plant singing and playing harmonica through Page’s amp in the right, with a vibrato effect that was put to similar use on III‘s actual closing track, “Hats Off to (Roy) Harper.”

The press conference that followed the listening session was surprisingly focused on audio-centric details — unlike the more general ground covered in the one held for the release of Celebration Day back on October 9, 2012. What follows in a narrative format is the best of what the ace guitarist and producer, now 70, had to say to the gathered journalistic throng about working with the original analog master tapes, finding the groove of country blues, and how the bandmembers knew early on they were part of something a whole lotta magical.

LED ZEPPELIN BOX

Jimmy Page: I had a huge collection of quarter-inch tapes from all the sessions. It’s because I was the producer of the band, so, consequently, I had far more tapes than anybody else did. The original recordings were analog tape, and they were done for vinyl. That was during the late ’60s and the ’70s. And then CDs were put out of that material from copy tapes — and they weren’t very good, to be honest with you. That’s why the original tapes were brought back out again — the master tapes — and they were remastered. And that’s 20[-plus] years ago. Since those 20 years have passed, we’ve got all these new digital formats out there, so it made sense to revisit the studio albums. That’s not unique. I mean, everybody’s doing that, so I thought, “Well, let’s see how to make this into something special.” Each of the albums has a companion disc, which, from Zeppelin II onwards, are all rare studio outtakes and various different versions and different mixes. It’s the one thing that’s been missing, really, if we think about the releases of Led Zeppelin over the last few years. This gives you a window — a portal into that time capsule of when each album was recorded. That’s how it works, all the way through to Coda. It’s all done. [Release dates for the remaining six studio albums have yet to be determined.]

I knew it was a huge, epic task, but I wanted to make sure it was all really superb and was going to hold up. That’s how I was driven. I don’t think [the companion material] changes any story, it just augments it. It gives more color to it. The vinyl masters of all the studio albums you know quite clearly are going to be the best ones. However, these things are fascinating and are of an intrinsic, historical value.

LED ZEPPELIN BOX 2

In the days when these albums were recorded, the [tape box] sometimes had quite detailed studio information on it, and the date. But sometimes it didn’t, and sometimes only the title. I left no stone unturned as to finding source material. I didn’t want something that sounded really good to turn up afterwards. So it took a lot of listening, and I had to get all of the tapes together relative to each song. Some of them were 7?-inch, some of them were 15. Some of them had different equalization; some were NAB, some were CCIR. Some title [i.e., song] may have only had a half-dozen tapes, another one could have 15. It was quite a big thing to memorize. It was not so difficult to put the best take up, comparable to the studio one. It was a lengthy process, but that was how it was arrived at.

All of our stuff starts off in ’68, and the condition of [the tapes] is absolutely magnificent. We didn’t have to do any sort of restoration, unless an edit came out when you replaced the tape. What happened with analog tape in ’78 or ’79 was they changed the compound of the glue in the oxide — the oxide is what it’s being recorded on, on the magnetic heads. The In Through the Out Door album [1979] had been recorded with this new format tape. You’ve heard about tape shredding — that means the oxide comes off, so you have to bake them. Fortunately, there wasn’t a lot of work that needed to be done for In Through the Out Door.

All of these mixes are of the time. Basically, that’s what it is. There’s no jiggery-pokery. [Page and the audience laugh] It’s all the real deal, man.  What you hear on “Whole Lotta Love” — that’s the sum of one night’s recording, when we did it in London. That’s the original vocal on it. As far as the drums go — well, there’s extra things that go on in the middle, with the percussion and everything. That’s the same with the “Heartbreaker” [take] as well — that guitar in the middle of “Heartbreaker” is what was done on the recording, straight off.

LED ZEPPELIN BOX 3

The numbers from Led Zeppelin III are quite substantially different. Listen to, for example, “Hangman” [i.e., “Gallows Pole”]. All of that rhythmic guitar that’s underneath and sunk down in the final mixes — that’s real interesting, since we’ve been playing this stuff live. It’s interesting to hear those cross-rhythms on the final one. Hearing it come out like that was cool.

“Since I’ve Been Loving You” is a different take, a different performance altogether; a full-on take, start to finish. It’s like a few days before we did the final one, where we take it much cooler, as far as the approach to the vocal and the guitar, and all of it. That’s why we recut it — because it’s really intense, and the guitar is really hard on it there. If there had been another take of that one, the guitar would have been different. Yeah, I was exploring the whole way through. I was always trying to stretch it. But then, so was everybody else. You can tell that from Robert’s vocals — he was really on top of it on this one. The idea that night was to go in and do something that was quite radical when it came to the blues. A lot of people were just doing the blues as renditions. But I think that while Zeppelin’s approach on “Since I’ve Been Loving You” is based on the blues, then it goes into a whole extension.

The last thing you heard there was “Keys to the Highway.” I was trying to give the same running order on the companion disc to Led Zeppelin III. So when it came to the last track, which was “Hats Off to [Roy] Harper,” you can tell it has a similar vocal sound, as you could tell [Robert] is singing through the amp here — this was something on the same reel. Because I was looking for something else to use, and lo and behold, that pops out: “Oh, I remember doing that.” You know, it just sort of shaped up in that kind of way. Oh yes, one take. [chuckles] That was the only one. No comps on that. [audience laughs]

We took a whole sort of country blues approach to things, which was “Hats of to [Roy] Harper.” It just said on the box “Blues,” the one that tape was in — but it was blues all night long. When it started up, I remembered exactly what the circumstances were, and it’s only the one take. All the subtleties, and how intricate it is — that was really interesting to hear. The minute that it started up, then I sort of knew, “Yeah, yeah, we did ‘Keys to the Highway’,” and of course there it was. So you could say that was sort of a surprise, but it was pretty instant recall on pretty much what all of it was, really.

I was very keen to do something along the country blues aspect of things, and it started off that night with experiments, like double-tracking the harmonica through my amp, this thing with the vibrato where it’s really eerie. And then I just got the guitar and said, “Well, we’ll do a blues,” started the intro, and we just locked into what you hear. Just the one take. It really just goes to show how in sync Robert and I were, you know? You’ve heard it; it’s got its moments. Again, it’s that sort of approach to the blues that isn’t the way other people would do it. I was really pleased doing things through the amplifier, because it really worked. And Robert’s singing so brilliantly around the vibrato, isn’t he — singing so well around the effect.
Jimmy Page 2014-1 Photo credit Ross Halfin

Thumbs up to (Jimmy) Page. Photo by Ross Halfin.

I’ve sort of said this before, but the most important thing about Led Zeppelin is that each of us were musical equals, there’s no doubt about that. But no matter what John Bonham had done before, he never had the opportunity to play like he did in Led Zeppelin. It’s the same with all of us. I had done a bit with The Yardbirds and studio work and all of that, but this was the vehicle to be able to just go for the stratosphere. It’s exactly the same for Robert and John Paul Jones. Although we were great individual musicians, we also played so well as a band. That’s what’s reflected so well in all of this studio material.

I think it was there right from the beginning, because it was so joyous — the music, isn’t it? It was terrific listening to it all. Each individual’s performance is just great. It really shows, yet again, the opportunity to have another look and listen at everybody, every single individual performance, and find how it really gels. I played a couple of things — one of them being Zeppelin III — to the other members, and they were just knocked out.

Everything was supposed to sound different all the way through, from beginning to end of all the albums. What I recall is having lots of many different sorts of approaches to guitar playing, whether it was acoustic, 12-strings, or theremin. The different styles I was playing basically was my character.

I can tell you this much: The Yardbirds split up in July ’68, and I got the bandmembers together by something like August, from that one rehearsal that you’ve heard about — but the one thing you don’t hear about is that I had everybody at my house rehearsing the first album and the set. This is all going on late August and September, this sort of routining and working on the new material, and getting everybody in place for everything.

At the end of September we’re playing in Scandinavia, we’re doing a handful of dates. October, we record the album, then we come over here [to the States], and just after Christmas and January in California, and that’s it. By that time, the whole of the bush-telegraph spread right across the United States, because there wasn’t any Internet. I felt pretty positive about what I was doing. I knew it was these four guys. We each knew, each individual, we’d never heard anything like this before. And so that was it. Everyone came onboard, and we started working with it.

But if we came together through some kind of divine providence or whatever, I’d say that also at the same time, we were so good, and we should — and we did — push things, and just kept moving it and moving it and moving it, because we had the ability to be able to do so. I mean, who knew what was beyond the next horizon? That’s the way it went, really, wasn’t it?
Tags: box set, CD, Gallows Pole, Heartbreaker, High Resolution Audio, In Through the Out Door, Jimmy Page, John Bonham, John Paul Jones, Keys to the Highway, Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin I, Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin III, LP, Robert Plant, Roy Harper, vinyl, Whole Lotta Love

http://www.soundbard.com/soundbard/the-song-does-not-remain-the-same-jimmy-page-on-remastering-the-entire-led-zeppelin-studio-catalog/
« Последнее редактирование: 10 Июнь 2014, 07:24:15 от Mad »
Change is good (Shrek)

Mad

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #200 : 10 Июнь 2014, 07:36:56 »

Pilot, Zand.

Если очень коротко: Этот ремастеринг сделан с нуля, с оригинальных лент, которые очень хорошо сохранились. Это не улучшение улучшеного, а совершенно новый ремастеринг "с нуля", этим он и ценен. С лентами последнего альбома будет сложнее - сами ленты(1978-1979) сделаны по другой технологии и с ними будет много работы.
« Последнее редактирование: 10 Июнь 2014, 07:44:05 от Mad »
Change is good (Shrek)

volver

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
  • Летчик? Иногда. Вообще-то я эндокринолог.
« Ответ #201 : 10 Июнь 2014, 08:50:42 »

как же надо было Богу дунуть им в уши тогда,в 69,что бы спустя столько лет не захотелось ничего переделывать....ни за одну вещь не было стыдно...

annarom

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #202 : 10 Июнь 2014, 13:59:38 »

Mad , за "коротко" спасибо )))))
Я в реке. Пусть река сама несёт меня...

Лио

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #203 : 10 Июнь 2014, 15:57:13 »

Ага!
Спасибо!!!
Товарищ Наполеон всегда прав.

alekssg

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #204 : 10 Июнь 2014, 23:32:30 »

Всем доброго вечера. Скажите, может я где пропустил, Пейдж планирует переиздать весь классический каталог LZ, или только 3 альбома? Почему интересуюсь? Может есть смысл подождать выхода полного собрания сочинений с бонусами, а не заказывать по частям.

Mad

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #205 : 11 Июнь 2014, 05:09:59 »

Интересно бы было почитать коментарий к этим картинкам. На слух 1993 и японский звучат абсолютно одинаково. 2014 конечно отличается и на слух и на картинке. На мой взгляд картинка 2014 года выглядит благороднее. Во всех трёх случаях один и тотже трэк - Good Times Bad Times.

Ремaстеринг 1993 года:

Японский 200какого-то там года:

Ремастеринг 2014 года:

То, что будет переиздаваться весь каталог постепенно, это уже известно, а вот насчёт бокса всего переиздания я ничего не слышал, но это вполне может случиться. Кроме всего прочего это и бизнес. Могут частями переиздать весь каталог, а потом и бокс со всеми альбомами, конечно что нибудь добавят, хотя и без добавок уже довольно объёмная коробочка получится. Но это предположение. Официальной информации по этому поводу не слышал и не видел. Если у тебя достаточно терпения, подожди, думаю не больше полутора лет. К тому времени может быть всё и прояснится, а может быть уже кто-то и слышал о возможности такого события. Мне достаточно и того, что я могу получить уже сейчас. Помню битловский бокс раскупили ещё утром, вечером купил все альбомы без бокса, и ничего, не страдаю. Даже мне кажется привлекательнее - я вижу на полке не чёрную коробку, а все альбомы сразу. 
« Последнее редактирование: 31 Октябрь 2014, 21:47:11 от Mad »
Change is good (Shrek)

Drybushchak

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #206 : 11 Июнь 2014, 10:33:16 »

To ImageQ
А ты уже звук с предыдущими релизами сравнивал?

ImageQ

• Крёстный отец форума
  • Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #207 : 11 Июнь 2014, 10:47:19 »

To ImageQ
А ты уже звук с предыдущими релизами сравнивал?
Неа. Слуха у меня на это не хватает. А CD у меня пока нет

Drybushchak

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #208 : 11 Июнь 2014, 13:11:19 »

Неа. Слуха у меня на это не хватает. А CD у меня пока нет
Я не люблю стерео-ремиксы. С 5.1. все понятно, это новодел, который приятно слушать. Стерео-миксы я люблю оригинальные. Главный для меня вопрос: какой ремастер ближе к оригинальному виниловому звуку - на дисках из вот этой коробки:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Complete_Studio_Recordings_%28Led_Zeppelin_album%29
или на новых изданиях?

Mad

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #209 : 12 Июнь 2014, 07:35:12 »

Хороший вопрос. Много говорили, читали и смотрели. Теперь у нас в руках есть ожидаемый продукт и можно сравнить не только звук, а и формальную сторону вопроса - то как главное действущее лицо подписалось под результатом многомесячного труда.
На всех дисках ремастированных и выпущенных в 1993-м году стоит подпись: Produced by Jimmy Page. Digitally remastered from the original master tapes by Jimmy Page(!) and George Marino at Sterling Sound.
На первых трёх дисках изданных в 2014 году стоит следующая подпись: Produced by Jimmy Page. Mastered by John Davis at  Metropolis.
Так вот возникает вопрос - Кто же всё-таки выполнял этот столь долго и широко рекламированный новый ремастеринг? Джимми охотоно даёт интервью,  говорит о преимуществах и достоинствах техники над техникой 20-и летней давности, а под последним ремастериногом подписался только как Producer. И ещё, а сам слушает старые пластинки!
Я конечно куплю все альбомы нового издания, но от альбомов 1994 года выпуска с 1993 года ремастерингом я избавляться не буду. Сдаётся мне, что мы ещё оценим по достоинству настоящий британский нейтральный звук.
Change is good (Shrek)

* Он-лайн
  • Точка Гостей: 526
  • Точка Скрытых: 0
  • Точка Пользователей: 0

Нет пользователй он-лайн.
* Свежие сообщения
Re: Вопросы к знатокам от Tara
[28 Апрель 2024, 18:32:18]

Re: А тем временем Плант от Pilot
[28 Апрель 2024, 10:43:43]

Re: Вопросы к знатокам от ImageQ