LedZeppelin.Ru

Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Расширенный поиск  

Новости:

collapse

Автор Тема: Jethro Tull опять приезжают  (Прочитано 31922 раз)

Tisha

• Пользователь
  • Оффлайн
Re: Jethro Tull опять приезжают
« Ответ #30 : 28 Январь 2008, 12:16:22 »

Ян о ЛЗ (наиболее интересные моменты) -

"Led Zeppelin had come along by that time," says Anderson, "and we were on a very similar thing. I didn't want to go that way because I knew Zeppelin were going to be very big and I saw in Zeppelin certain things that I didn't want to happen to us. I didn't want to be a super-group and I didn't want us to go all out playing as heavy as possible. But we were in danger of becoming just that, both in the public's eyes and in our own feelings. You see, it's a total commitment to be that kind of group.
I think that Zeppelin wouldn't have been so big if we had gone in the same direction, trying to get a big crowd reaction with everything we played. We could have gone out for that, working at it consciously because you pick up lots of tricks... ways of getting an audience raving. Musical tricks, lighting, there are lots of ways of doing it. It's fairly easy. But once you get into that position it's so difficult to get out. This is something I've felt from the beginning, that the band would change throughout. And quite conceivably change away from public taste and we'd fall out of popularity and it'd be all over. I've always felt like that and I really wouldn't compromise my share of Jethro Tull's music to the extent of playing something that I didn't want to play. That, to my mind, makes us far more underground, in spirit at least, than a lot of other groups. There's been very little compromise in this band."

Rolling Stone, 2 December 1970

- Well, I tried to come in here with a knowledge of your music and yourself, whatever that means to you.
Well, it obviously means you derive some amusement or entertainment out of listening to what it is I do. And that's all I can ask of anyone and that's great - but it's a coincidence as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't mean that I'm good or you are particularly together or understanding. It is just coincidence, if you happen to like it and I happen to like it, it just means we're more often than not at the same football game together. We're on the same side of the stands, watching the same team from the same end wearing the same colours. But it doesn't mean that either of us is right or wrong. Maybe Led Zeppelin have actually got it right... I heard one of their songs one the way here in the car and the words sounded like a three-word thing and it had "Love" in it. Anyway, the chorus kept coming in and it was like, "Gimme love" or something, some banal exultation.
- You hold Zeppelin in some disdain?
No, I think they're one of the best rock and roll groups there are, I think musically they're very good and I think what they represent in terms of the rock group idiom is very accurate. They're a very accurate portrayal... they epitomise, if you like, the English hard rock thing better than The Stones probably and better than The Who. I mean, they're arrogant and they all play with some sort of conviction, but as to whether what they do is worth anything in the long run then history will, as usual, retrospectively decide.
I don't know, I don't understand it, maybe there's more to it than meets the eye. I think about that a lot actually. I think there's maybe more to a lot of things I don't understand. Maybe it's because they're so simple, they're so good. But I write really simple songs too, I've written some really simple ones, really crystal clear. But they seem to have a lot more in them than other people's very simple songs. There's a few of them on the new album, there's always bits of them on all albums. "Wond'ring Aloud" was a simple song, a very simple sentiment and quite an accurate one as well.

Circus, 9 December 1975

"Black Satin Dancer" is just a girl's song, that's just a song recognizing sensuality," he muses, his eyes focusing on the room's far wall. "That's the sort of song Led Zeppelin would write if they could write lyrics. (laughter) Except in fairness to Led Zeppelin, they would have had a better riff, it would have been heavier. With my lyrics and Led Zeppelin's music we might arrive at something."

Sounds, 27 September 1975

"I put Zeppelin next to The Rolling Stones as the two groups of all time for me. I don't fit in to that category, because I've made it a deliberate part of my function to find other things. One had to go into other areas of music, because it was all too evident that The Stones and Zeppelin had got that particular approach sewn up. They do it as well as it will ever be done."

Circus, 14 April 1977

Stylistically, I've always said that we can't be a heavy riff group because Led Zeppelin are the best in the world. We can't be a blues-influenced R&B rock and roll group because The Stones are the best in the world. We can't be a slightly sort of airy-fairy mystical sci-fi synthesising abstract freak-out group because Pink Floyd are the best-in the world. And so what's left? And that's what we've always done. We've filled the gap.

Creem, June 1978

Tull hadn't gone to live abroad for tax reasons?
"No, but obviously we have considered the alternatives, and we did get Swiss residency papers, but when it came to the crunch we decided we preferred to live in England. If we decided to flee the country for more money, then it would become one of a string of compromises, and you'd have to start thinking in terms of making hit singles and heavy promotion.
Living in England helps keep you realistic and sane, and moderately well off. Obviously we are not stoney broke and we pay a lot of tax, but I like the old adage of the jazz musicians - I'm just happy to be working. As long as there is a gig to play, why worry? I complain about tax too, but I thought it was stupid of melody Maker not to check the figures before quoting Robert Plant about 98 per cent. All you've got to do is ring up the Inland Revenue."
I bowed my head in shame and mumbled an inadequate apology. Ian continued his mild-mannered tirade:
"I tried to get that across but of course it ended up as the old Jethro Tull - Led Zeppelin argy-bargy thing. It's amazing. So many times I've gone on record, I thought, having said that Led Zeppelin were the best rock and roll group in the world. I've said that so many times, but I've never seen it in print."
(JETHRO TULL SAY ZEPPELIN BEST ROCK BAND IN WORLD! SENSATION!)
"For some reason it sounds so boring, they always leave it out."

Melody Maker, 27 May 1978

"I wasn't into the drug culture and party culture of the times," says Anderson. "It always offended me that people assumed I was on amphetamines, or something." His temperance earned him the disdain of at least one fellow musician. "We were Led Zeppelin's support act on a rather lengthy arena tour. And although they were party animals and certainly lived life to the excess, we got on fine with them. But Robert Plant didn't like the idea that I wasn't playing the game. I suspect he found that irritating about me, and I think that's part of the reason he and I never hit it off."

Guitar World, September 1999

Technically, the recording of Aqualung was, according to Anderson, an "absolute nightmare". The studio was brand new, and installed with all the latest high-tech gizmos and gadgets. So high-tech, in fact, that they couldn't get it all to actually work.
"It was untried and prone to problems," Anderson recalls balefully. "The room, the equipment, the monitors, they all sounded dreadful. And worst of all was the atmosphere. The room was a huge, enormous, spooky barn, made for an orchestra. We'd wanted studio two, an easy space with a low ceiling, but they'd already booked it." The "they" in question were Led Zeppelin, Tull's arch rivals.
"We were matey with most of the guys," remembers Anderson, if through somewhat gritted teeth. "Jimmy Page was quite affable, John Bonham was a complete nutcase but a genuine bloke." And Robert Plant? These days, Anderson has the mantra down pat: "Whatever the origins of our falling out, it was my fault." Plant, the cocky, garrulous Black Country showman, couldn't have been more different from the diffident Anderson, who off stage was shy, quiet, and rarely mixed socially with his band.
For Anderson, the rivalry with Plant was more than just a character clash. "It all dates back to the early days of Tull, when we were wheeled into one of those showcase club gigs where the industry bigwigs drank. Halfway through, Alexis Korner came over and said: "I've got this great young singer I'd like to sit in with you." Well, you don't say no to the father of British blues [Korner, not Plant, by the way], do you?
So up comes this youthful guy who looked too pretty to be in a blues band. I don't know what it was we played, but as soon as I heard Plant, I knew: "Oh, I'm in trouble here." I'm sure I felt at the time a bit jealous that this guy was on stage in a place where we already felt a bit uncomfortable. He'd taken my place, and I guess that rankled."
Things got worse. For Zeppelin's crucial 1969 American tour, they invited Tull to be their support act. "Which I was very pleased about," Anderson recalls. And so he should have been. The tour created the bedrock of support that would propel Zeppelin into the rock stratosphere, and gave Jethro Tull that crucial entry into the North American market.
But Plant still needled Anderson. The Zeppelin vocalist "made some comment about me being too serious and not hanging out with the guys. I said: "I'm just a quiet guy, I keep myself to myself." And he was a bit disdainful of that. And it was that night that my overcoat went missing..."
This was no ordinary overcoat. For Anderson, his battered coat was more than just his stage trademark. "It was special to me, that coat. It was the only thing my father gave me when I left home. He tossed this old thing at me - we weren't speaking at the time - and said: "You'll need this, it's going to be a cold winter."
And it was. Playing clubs in the winter of '67 to '68, it was so bloody freezing. We didn't have an audience, that coat was the only thing that kept me warm. And it was a way of clinging on to my relationship with my father."
Then, in "some wretched ballroom dressed up as a rock-type club, in Connecticut or Chicago, we were in a single communal dressing room. And my coat went missing. Word got back to me that it was nicked by Zeppelin or their road crew, and that upset me. I can't believe he [Plant] nicked my coat. But it was a real personal loss."
Anderson hardly poured oil on troubled waters when he later suggested in an interview that his own lyrics combined with Zeppelin's music would lead to a pretty nifty band, effectively suggesting that Plant's lyrics were the weakest link in Zeppelin's otherwise formidable rock armoury.
"He was obviously pissed off. I met him years later at a Prince's Trust gig, and he said: "Let's put it all behind us." I was shocked. I didn't realise it was such a big deal. It's a shame, because it was all born out of a misunderstanding."

Classic Rock, August 2001
In your pomp and all your glory you're a poorer men than me

Tisha

• Пользователь
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #31 : 28 Январь 2008, 12:20:32 »

Tisha : по привычной аргументации Зеппелин куда круче.

да шо вы говорите?  ;D

давайте сравним по той же Америке (ибо по Англии данные искать труднее)

а) золотые и платиновые диски за период 1969-1980
б) количество sell-outов в MSG, LA Forum, Boston Gardens, Shea Stadium за тот же период

Vladimir_82

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
  • старый форум - Арагорн
« Ответ #32 : 28 Январь 2008, 13:01:08 »

www.riaa.com - данные по США:

продажи ВСЕХ альбомов Jethro Tull в сумме: 11 миллионов,
продажи ВСЕХ альбомов ЛЗ в сумме - 109,5 миллионов

Спор закончен, до свидания. 

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?resultpage=3&table=tblTopArt&action=

Да и вообще, вы, Тиша, с ДП форума... Там и воюйте, там полно желающих повоевать во главе с Димой З.
Здесь хотелось бы общения.
« Последнее редактирование: 28 Январь 2008, 13:03:09 от Vladimir_82 »

Carbalet

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #33 : 28 Январь 2008, 13:08:56 »

Tisha
можно сравнить, только надо сразу оговорить  некоторые  моменты:
Tull были куда плодовитее LZ- то есть не брать общий  вал распроданных, концерты  в залах сопоставлять приметно в одно время и т.д., и вообще - лучше иметь дело с относительными цифрами
 т.е. я имею ввиду максимально справедливо и аккуратно, без предвзятостей... чисто мир цифр

Tisha

• Пользователь
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #34 : 28 Январь 2008, 13:24:48 »

Tisha
можно сравнить, только надо сразу оговорить  некоторые  моменты:
Tull были куда плодовитее LZ- то есть не брать общий  вал распроданных, концерты  в залах сопоставлять приметно в одно время и т.д., и вообще - лучше иметь дело с относительными цифрами
 т.е. я имею ввиду максимально справедливо и аккуратно, без предвзятостей... чисто мир цифр

я и прошу данные строго по 70-м годам

вот что RIAA дает по датам сертификации (1/1969 - 1/1981)

LZ - 9 Gold, 3 Platinum

JT - 13 Gold, 1 Platinum

теперь концерты за тот же период (данные по Таллу)

MSG - 18 (рекорд?)
Boston Gardens - 15 (рекорд?)
LA Forum - точных данных не нашел, то Талл были там первыми, кто отыграл там 5 sold-outов подряд

Tisha

• Пользователь
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #35 : 28 Январь 2008, 13:27:46 »

Спор закончен, до свидания. 

Да нет проблем. И вам не хворать. Главное повторяйте почаще про себя - "ЛЗ круче, потому как ноликов у них больше"  ;D

Carbalet

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #36 : 28 Январь 2008, 13:31:40 »

Tisha
относительные цифры.... то бишь золото или  платина - к общему числу альбомов группы - это и будет нужная нам цифра! их и будем сравнивать ;)

Tisha

• Пользователь
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #37 : 28 Январь 2008, 13:39:39 »

Tisha
относительные цифры.... то бишь золото или  платина - к общему числу альбомов группы - это и будет нужная нам цифра! их и будем сравнивать ;)

ну и что мы имеем - у ЛЗ золото 9 раз из 9 (100 процентов), платина 3 из 9 (33 процента)

Талл - золото 13 раз из 15 (87 процентов), платина 1 раз из 15 (7 процентов)

выходит, что средний альбом ЛЗ в 1,14 раза золотее Талловского и в 4,71 платиновее

по песням будем сравнивать?  ;D

что там с данными по концертам?
« Последнее редактирование: 28 Январь 2008, 13:44:05 от Tisha »

Carbalet

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #38 : 28 Январь 2008, 13:45:59 »

давай..... концерты тоже- число селл-аутов к общему числу концертов.....рекорды по стадионам ;) -на одних  и тех же стадионах и т.д.

Tisha

• Пользователь
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #39 : 28 Январь 2008, 14:31:37 »

давай..... концерты тоже- число селл-аутов к общему числу концертов.....рекорды по стадионам ;) -на одних  и тех же стадионах и т.д.

ну так по Таллам я уже привел цифры (максимальный рекорд у них 80 тысяч 15 августа 1976 года в LA Memorial Coliseum)

ЛЗ за вами

или вы ждете чтобы я посчитал всех зрителей на всех концертах группы в 70-х?
« Последнее редактирование: 28 Январь 2008, 14:35:51 от Tisha »

Jay Joyce

• Постоялец
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #40 : 28 Январь 2008, 15:40:14 »

ну вот, началось... как говорит Бешенный, сравнение карандашей...
The work is hard on the railroad yard!

Peantr

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
  • провинциальный интеллигент
« Ответ #41 : 28 Январь 2008, 19:17:59 »

ну вот, началось... как говорит Бешеный, сравнение карандашей...
И, надо сказать, в этом случае Бешеный весьма деликатен ;D
У кого Rock'n'Roll в анамнезе - тому никакая попса не страшна!

горRчий

• Гость
« Ответ #42 : 28 Январь 2008, 20:27:30 »

ну и что мы имеем - у ЛЗ золото 9 раз из 9 (100 процентов), платина 3 из 9 (33 процента)
Талл - золото 13 раз из 15 (87 процентов), платина 1 раз из 15 (7 процентов)
выходит, что средний альбом ЛЗ в 1,14 раза золотее Талловского и в 4,71 платиновее
ЮвеЛиры, вообщее офигеЛи что Ли?! ???

Это тут не математический фокус. Это Любовь! 8)

Палыч

• Ветеран
  • Оффлайн
  • Нонконформист постмодерна
« Ответ #43 : 29 Январь 2008, 11:56:06 »

Обсуждайте это в отдельной ветке.
А я хотел поинтересоваться, кто пойдет или не пойдет на JT и почему.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9oK3CF33dwA
Интересный выбор фрагмента с JT. Под студийную запись, да еще с Айоми, который в группе, кажется, две недели побыл. :)
http://www.palich.ru/

Калаціся для мяне, дзяўчынка, я хачу быць тваім чалавекам з чорнага ходу.

Tisha

• Пользователь
  • Оффлайн
« Ответ #44 : 29 Январь 2008, 12:21:31 »

А я хотел поинтересоваться, кто пойдет или не пойдет на JT и почему.

Скрипачку, конечно, любопытно было бы посмотреть, но уж больно цены на хорошие места кусучие :-)
В любом случае, я не пойду по 2 главным причинам - отсутствие Барра и нежелание портить воспоминания о прекрасном концерте 2005 года. Пусть уж лучше я запомню их молодцами, чем пенсионерами.

Интересный выбор фрагмента с JT. Под студийную запись, да еще с Айоми, который в группе, кажется, две недели побыл. :)

Вокал живой, все прочее - фанера. И Йомми был в группе всего неделю.
« Последнее редактирование: 29 Январь 2008, 12:29:53 от Tisha »

* Он-лайн
  • Точка Гостей: 547
  • Точка Скрытых: 0
  • Точка Пользователей: 0

Нет пользователй он-лайн.
* Свежие сообщения
Re: Вопросы к знатокам от Tara
[28 Апрель 2024, 18:32:18]

Re: А тем временем Плант от Pilot
[28 Апрель 2024, 10:43:43]